Free Upgrade! Dalmatian Discovey & Dubai Desert
- Departs from Venice, Italy
- On 19th Aug 2018 for nights
- Onboard Azamara Quest
- Prices from AU $6,779*
Pricing per person
Please note, while prices and inclusions are accurate at time of loading they are subject to change due to changes in cruise line policies and pricing and due to currency fluctuations. Currency surcharges may apply. Please check details of price and inclusions at time of booking. Please ask for child and infant pricing if applicable.
FREE DOUBLE UPGRADE!
Enjoy a Club Verandah Stateroom for the price of a Club Interior on select 2018 Europe voyages when you book by 30 November 2017.^^
DALMATIAN DISCOVERY & DUBAI DESERT Fly, Cruise & Stay package includes:
- Return economy class airfare with a full service carrier from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to Venice, with a stopover in Dubai
- 3 nights 4-star accommodation in Venice including breakfast daily^
- 7 night Dalmatian Discovery cruise aboard Azamara Quest from Venice roundtrip^^
- AzAmazing Evenings event (on most voyages of seven nights or longer)
- Select standard spirits, international beers and wines
- Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas
- Self-service laundry
- Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available
- Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations
- All port/govt. charges
- All main meals (excluding specialty restaurants)
- Most onboard entertainment
- 3 nights 4-star accommodation in Dubai^
- Heritage Collection - Desert Safari & Dinner Tour: Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was 50 years ago. Your professional guide will escort you on a fascinating journey in a museum quality 1950's Land Rover. Watch the sun drop under the horizon as you watch a falcon soar around you. Your Bedouin camp, lit with the gentle flames of traditional lamps is nestled inside a private Royal desert retreat. We will demonstrate cultural activities such as henna tattoos, music, dance and bread and Arabic coffee making before enjoying a scrumptious dinner under the stars. History comes to life in this once in a lifetime heritage event.
- Air taxes
7 Night Cruise sailing from Venice roundtrip aboard Azamara Quest.
This voyage leaves from Venice and returns there, which is undoubtedly why it’s one of our most popular. In between, you will sail the Dalmatian coast, with ancient cliffside cities on the shimmering Adriatic Sea.
Because Azamara ships are smaller, we will be able to slowly sail Croatia’s spectacular inside passage before arriving at the island of Hvar. This tranquilly gorgeous harbor has been mostly popular with yachters, and many celebrities trying not to be spotted. Or are they? Go where the celebrities go to escape the spotlight – on an off-road exploration through the island’s remote villages and rolling vineyards.
Smell the lavender, and work up an appetite for lobster with homemade spaghetti and a glass of local wine. In Kotor, you can walk all the way up to St. John’s Fortress on top of the ancient stone walls. The views are spectacular. Dubrovnik is outstanding – the whole city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Walk along the ancient walls so beautiful you can’t help but feel joy. Then shop for leather, Konavle embroidery, or gold – joy of a different kind.
Then back to where you started, Venice, for an overnight there – reminding you why you booked this voyage.
Highlights of this cruise:
Venice is one of the world’s most beautiful cities, and arguably the most romantic. An independent city-state and major power during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, it was a center of commerce in silk, grain, and spices, and home to a wide range of interesting characters from Marco Polo to Casanova. Consisting of more than 100 small islands connected by arched bridges, its thoroughfares are canals, and transportation options are limited to boats and your own two feet. After the requisite gondola ride, do stroll the winding traffic-free streets along the canal sides – prime real estate for the palaces of the aristocracy of old.
Perched on Adriatic Sea in Croatia, Zadar is a truly captivating city, where history-drenched cobblestone streets meet contemporary life, then surrounded by deep blue sea, green olive groves, and white stone. Dubbed an “outdoor museum”, Zadar is rich in monuments and churches from ancient and medieval times—the circular 9th century Church St. Donat, the Church of St. Simeon and the Romanesque Cathedral of St. Anastasia—while nature lovers should explore Krka National Park and its seven waterfalls. Meander through the pedestrian-only Old Town, with its fortified city walls, towers and gates, then visit Zadar’s famous urban installations on the Riva, where art, architecture and science combine. Be sure to check out The Sea Organ, which extends into the sea and “whistles” with the waves and air pressure, and Greeting to the Sun, a circular construction of glass plates that produces an exceptional light show.
Kotor’s beautiful bay has long attracted passing ships that stopped to trade, plunder, or conquer, and merchants, pirates, and soldiers of numerous empires have walked this maze of cobblestone streets before you. One of Europe’s best-preserved cities of medieval or Renaissance vintage, its walls were constructed right into the steep slopes of the mountain behind it, providing protection and making it an amazing sight on approach from the sea. Venetian ramparts enclose a rich history, with churches of varying styles, and a Romanesque cathedral built on the foundations of an earlier church, and a still earlier Roman temple.
To visit Dubrovnik is to step back in time to the Middle Ages. The town is one massive museum, its thick walls constructed from the 13th to the 17th century encircle the entire city, and contain within them a treasure trove of striking architecture – squares, fountains, palaces, churches, and monasteries, all built from the same stone, line streets free of motor vehicles. Once the only city-state on the Adriatic to rival Venice, Dubrovnik has long been a center for Croatian culture, and home to artists and scholars of all disciplines. It is possible to circumnavigate the city atop the medieval walls.
|15/08/18||Fly Australia to Venice|
|16/08/18||Arrive Venice, own way to hotel & check-in|
|17/08/18||Venice at leisure|
|18/08/18||Venice at leisure|
|19/08/18||Own way to port, board Azamara Quest|
|26/08/18||Own way to airport, Fly Venice to Dubai|
|26/08/18||Own way to hotel in Dubai & check-in|
|27/08/18||Desert Safari & Dinner|
|28/08/18||Dubai at leisure|
|29/08/18||Own way to airport, Fly Dubai to Australia|