The Greek Islands & Italy
- Departs from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
- On 12th May 2018 for nights
- Onboard Oosterdam
- Prices from AU $4,989*
Pricing per person
Please note, while prices and inclusions are accurate at time of loading they are subject to change due to changes in cruise line policies and pricing and due to currency fluctuations. Currency surcharges may apply. Please check details of price and inclusions at time of booking. Please ask for child and infant pricing if applicable.
AIRFARE BONUS OFFER!>
Make a new booking before 17 November 2017 in a verandah cabin or above and receive a return airfare for $999*pp! (Airfare is included in the package price)
EXPLORE 4 PROMO^
Book on a select cruise before 17 November 2017 & receive all four offers below:
1 - Signature Beverage Package
2 - Dinner in the Pinnacle Grill
3 - Reduced cruise fares for friends & kids
4 - 50% reduced deposit
PLUS.....Suite guests receive an additional US$200 onboard spending money per stateroom!
THE GREEK ISLANDS & ITALY - Fly, Cruise & Stay package includes:
- Return economy class airfare with a full service carrier from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth to Rome, return from Milan
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel^ in Rome including breakfast
- Big Bus Classic 1 day hop on hop off & 4 walking tours^* - Get the keys to the Eternal City and see all that Rome has to offer on board an open double decker bus. Hop-on and off at any of the 8 stops, close to the most important attractions and monuments and discover some of the city most enchanting neighborhoods. Learn more about the history of Rome and its famous monuments with the on-board recorded commentary available in 9 languages . Use the bus to Hop-on or Hop-off in front of or very close to the most famous landmarks of the city: Colosseum, Saint' Angel Castle, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Venezia. Each stop is conveniently located in order to allow how to easily discover the city. You will also get access to a nice selection of FREE GUIDED walking tours, included in your ticket price, that will give you a focus on some of the most famous squares, streets and monuments of Rome. At 12.00 pm from Vatican stop (in front of Sant'Angelo bridge) tour ends in Saint Peter's square passing through Via della Conciliazione. At 2.00 pm from Vatican Stop the walking tour will pass by Piazza Navona, Pantheon and will end in Piazza Venezia. At 3.30 pm from Piazza Venezia stop, tour passes through the via dei Fori Imperiali and will end at Colosseum. At 5.00 pm last tour of the day, from Barberini stop, walking tour passes in Piazza di Spagna where clients will enjoy the view of the Spanish steps and the Barcaccia Fountain. It will end at Hard Rock Cafe where our clients will get a free soda.
- 12 night Greek Odyssey cruise aboard ms Oosterdam round trip from Rome to Venice
- All shipboard main meals (excluding specialty restaurants)
- All port/govt. charges
- BONUS* US$50 per twin cabin on board credit!
- BONUS* Caneletto Dinner for Two (Specialty dining experience)
- First Class Rail from Venice to Milan
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4-str hotel^ in Milan
- Best of Milan Walking Tour including Skip the Line Last Supper^* - The tour starts with a visit inside the famous Duomo. The next stop is the impressive Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. The tour then continues towards Piazza della Scala, the square which houses the world renowned Scala Theatre, Milan's Opera House. Next it is through the Brera District. Rich in historical buildings, the area has long been home to artists and intellectuals. Walking through its picturesque and winding streets the tour reaches the Castello Sforzesco. This imposing medieval Castle and fortress was once seat and residence of the ruling family of Milan. The final stop and culmination of this walking tour is none other than Leonardo Da Vinci's Last Supper, hidden away at the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie.
- Air Taxes
12 Night Cruise sailing from Rome to Venice aboard Oosterdam.
Introducing the ms Oosterdam (pronounced OH-ster-dam), member of the grand Vista-class ships defining the future of cruising. Oosterdam dazzles guests with more of everything they desire in a cruise vacation: More staterooms with verandahs for private sunning, dining and relaxing. More dining choices including an intimate reservations-only restaurant. More ways to relax in The Greenhouse Spa and Salon, largest and most luxurious spa in the Holland America fleet.
Highlights of this cruise:
Step off the cruise ship, linger at a sidewalk café in the early evening and take in the pageant: the taste of your cappuccino, the kiss of warm air, the immaculately attired locals just getting their evenings started. Rome is nicknamed the Eternal City, and rightly so, for the array of icons – the Colosseum, the Pantheon, Castel Sant'Angelo, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica – and for the role it played shaping the Western world. But there is perhaps a less-recognized genius in the way the city embraces the sensual side of life, as if to acknowledge there's no eternity like the present.
The Island of Rhodes is the sunniest place in Europe; it averages 300 days of sunshine per year. It is the fourth largest island in Greece. Occupied by Italy until only 56 years ago, it is now “occupied” by thousands of enthralled international visitors.
The “palia poli” (the old city) is the medieval city of Rhodes, surrounded by a high defensive wall. It is one of the few medieval cities still inhabited in its largest part, excluding its museums, of course. Walking along its cobbled streets one is reminded of iron-armored horse’s hooves clapping, and steel swords clashing and clanging
The New Town of Rhodes, just a short distance from the Old Town, is where the beaches lie, and where hotels, shops, restaurants, discotheques, and even a casino, are packed together to create a lively ambience. A walk in Rodini Park is a must. This park is perhaps the first landscaped park in the world. It is a couple of kilometers away from the Old Town, and one can see part of the ancient aqueduct system of Rhodes within it.
No visit of Rhodes is complete without visiting Lindos. You'll find Lindos at a distance of 55 kilometers from Rhodes town, on the eastern side of the island. Built in the 12th Century B.C., it is now a top-class resort, with a fine sandy beach and a tiny lagoon, which reflects the whitewashed houses and the Lindos Acropolis above. The village contains many houses dating from the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries, which are known as “the houses of the captains.” Their architecture and decoration are unique in the Greek world.
Argostoli is the capital of the island of Kefalonia, the largest of the Greek Ionian Islands. On Kefalonia tourists are drawn to the beautiful blue sea, the golden sandy beaches, the unique caves, the rocky mountains and the traditional settlements. Kefalonia also boasts archeological areas and impressive historical monuments.
Argostoli itself has an attractive main square, the Platia, which has plenty of bars and tavernas in which to sit and watch the world go by. Other attractions in Argostoli include the bridge of Drapano, the Koutavos lagoon, the Lighthouse of Agii Theodori and the Cave of Agios Gerasimos.
Kotor is a coastal town in Montenegro. It is located in a most secluded part of Gulf of Kotor. Kotor is an old Mediterranean port and major tourist destination. It has one of the best preserved medieval old towns in the Adriatic, listed with UNESCO world heritage sites.
This small medieval town on the beautiful Kotor Bay is both charming and seductive. Narrow streets, contiguous houses, bulwarks, churches, cathedrals, squares, carnivals and feasts, create an environment that one cannot resist.
Kotor has numerous other sights, such as Cathedral of Saint Tryphon in the old town (built in 1166), and ancient walls which stretch 4,5 km directly above the city. Sveti Đorđe and Gospa od Škrpijela islets off the coast of Perast are also among more popular destinations in Kotor vicinity.
Your eyes deceive you as you get closer. An entire stone city concocted from spires and cupolas seems to float on water. The optics seem off, but by now you're too far charmed to turn back. Cruise to Venice with Holland America Line and start easily. Have a bicerin, a hot mix of espresso, drinking chocolate and whole milk. Then step out into the palatial arcades and outdoor cafes of St. Mark's Square. Ready? Now you can really get going. Venice has 117 islands and a million stories of empire, longing, and glory.
|09/05/18||Fly Australia to Rome|
|10/05/18||Arrive Rome, own way to hotel|
|11/05/18||Big Bus Classic 1 day Hop-on, Hop-off & 4 walking Tours^*|
|12/05/18||Own way to port, embark ms Oosterdam|
|12/05/18||Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy||07:00AM||06:00PM|
|17/05/18||Iraklion, Crete, Gr||08:00AM||06:00PM|
|18/05/18||Athens (Piraeus) Greece||08:00AM||11:00PM|
|24/05/18||Disembark ms Oosterdam, own way to Venice rail station|
|24/05/18||First Class Rail from Venice to Milan, own way to hotel|
|25/05/18||Best of Milan Walking Tour incl. Skip the Line Last Supper|
|26/05/18||Own way to airport, fly Milan to Australia|