Sub Antarctic & New Zew Zealand Splendour
- Departs from Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand
- On 23rd Feb 2019 for nights
- Onboard Le Laperouse
- Prices from AU $15,595*
Pricing per person
Please note, while prices and inclusions are accurate at time of loading they are subject to change due to changes in cruise line policies and pricing and due to currency fluctuations. Currency surcharges may apply. Please check details of price and inclusions at time of booking. Please ask for child and infant pricing if applicable.
- A unique PONANT cruise letting you explore the Sub Antarctic Islands of New Zealand, one of the least visited regions in the world.
- Zodiac outings & shore visits with your expedition team.
- Opportunities for hiking with guided walks on the Auckland Islands, Campbell Island and Macquarie Island, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Wildlife: colonies of fur seals, elephant seals, king and yelloweyed penguins. A very wide variety of birds: Gibson`s albatross, giant petrels, Auckland shags and rorquals.
- Landscapes: Beaches of black sand, cliffs and lush green prairies, contrasting with snow - capped mountain chains with looking over glacial valleys fiords.
Single Prestige Balcony from $19,885*
SUB ANTARCTIC & NEW ZEALAND SPLENDOUR Fly, Expedition Cruise & Stay package includes:
- Return economy class airfare** from Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney to Dunedin inc tax
- One way transfer from Dunedin airport to hotel
- 1 nights accommodation pre-cruise in Dunedin
- One way transfer from Dunedin hotel to port
- 16 night `Macquarie and the New Zealand Subantarctic Islands` EXPEDITION Cruise aboard the NEW Le Laperouse round trip from Dunedin
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Captain`s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands...list available upon request)
- Evening entertainment and events
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- Highly qualified bilingual French/English expedition team
- Zodiac excursions
- Park entry fees into protected areas (where applicable)
- Port taxes
- Free expedition parka
- Free boots rental
- One way transfer from Dunedin port to airport
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin (unless stated as single), in AUD, based on best available cruise fare at time of publication (28Aug17) and ends 31Jan18 or until sold out/withdrawn from sale. Lead in prices based on 30% off Ponant bonus fares in cat PR4 for Balcony and are subject to change without notice. All prices based on cash payment - credit card fees may apply. All airfares/taxes are due in full 24 hours from reservation and strict cancellation/change fees apply. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. Please note that the prices shown here are not shown in real time. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the prices in our booking system at time of reservation. Highlights are just for example. Given the inaccessibility of expedition cruising it is an obligation to choose your insurance company carefully and note that Travel insurance is mandatory and not included in package prices. A medical questionnaire may be required. This voyage includes activities such as Zodiac landings (sometimes wet landings), Zodiac outings, moderate walks to more active hikes. All this accompanied by your expedition team of naturalist guides. Considering the nature of the programs, a reasonable level of mobility is required to enjoy these expeditions. Due to the exceptional nature of this itinerary, the calls/sites listed are only a guide. The final route will be confirmed by the ship`s Captain with priority being given to passenger safety. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty.
16 Night Cruise sailing from Dunedin roundtrip aboard Le Laperouse.
On this cruise aboard Le Lapérouse, PONANT invites you to discover the primitive beauty of the Subantarctic Islands of New Zealand. Set sail on a 17-day expedition cruise and let yourself be dazzled by an exceptional itinerary, home to bountiful wildlife that is not found elsewhere.
Often described as the “Galapagos of the Southern Ocean”, the Subantarctic Islands of New Zealand are among the best preserved environments on the planet. Isolated and wild, they are one those end-of-world places that have very few visitors and really do provide a total change of scenery.
After sailing in spectacular fiords, Le Lapérouse will head for the five groups of the Subantarctic Islands of New Zealand as well as for Australia's Macquarie Island. Home to fauna of an incredible diversity, including some endemic species, the islands are collectively designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Lush green meadows, steep cliffs, mountains and black-sand beaches: here you will find many dazzling landscapes frequented by an incalculable number of penguins, sea lions, fur seals, elephant seals, albatrosses and giant petrels. Wildlife reigns supreme here, much to the delight of photographers and nature lovers. A powerful experience amidst surprising nature.
Highlights of this cruise:
|22/02/19||Fly Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to Dunedin|
|22/02/19||Transfer to hotel, Dunedin at leisure|
|23/02/19||Transfer to port, embark Le Laperouse ship|
|23/02/19||Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand||06:00PM|
|25/02/19||Milford Sound, New Zealand|
|26/02/19||Doubtful Sound, New Zealand|
|26/02/19||Dusky Sound, New Zealand|
|27/02/19||Snares Island, New Zealand|
|01/03/19||Auckland Islands, New Zealand|
|03/03/19||Macquarie Island, Sub Antarctic Island|
|04/03/19||Macquarie Island, Sub Antarctic Island|
|06/03/19||Campbell Island, New Zealand|
|08/03/19||Antipodes Island, New Zealand|
|11/03/19||Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand|
|11/03/19||Transfer to airport, Fly Dunedin to Sydney, Brisbane or Melb|